Something that I feel every dedicated dancer trying to make it out there has in common is obsession.
I can flat out admit that I am obsessed with dance. From the moment I wake up to that moment where my brain won’t shut up while I am trying to fall asleep I am thinking about my dance career.
I think about:
- where I started
- where I am now
- how I need to change my diet
- how I need to stretch
- how one day I can only hope to be as good as the dancer standing next to me
- how I come take class everyday in hopes that the teacher will maybe take notice at me one time to say a measly correction such as “spot”
- how bad I want to make it into my dream company
- so bad I am willing to do anything
- it takes to get there
- how my dream company’s audition date is February 2nd
- and I’m running out of time
- how I need to make more corrections
- how my body is looking in the mirror during the 6 hours that I’m staring at it
- how lucky I am
- how I want to be a legacy and hopefully inspire my students this year
- how each day I walk into the studio I hope by the grace of The Lord an opportunity will come to me
- how maybe one day I will come to class and my turn out will be just a little better
- how this is about ten minutes worth of thinking and this list just goes on forever
- I am obsessed with dancing: the good, bad, and the in between. I have goals in my mind of what I hope for my dance career to be and I know that I will get where I want to be because of the fact I’m obsessed. One step at a time I will achieve my dream, and I think all dancers striving to be professionals feel the same way.
Dancers are extraordinary creatures, we take an art form and crave for our worlds to be revolved around it.
My thoughts of the day, have a good weekend my fellow bloggers!